Upcoming Chapter Events
CUPA-HR Northern & Central California Chapter 2-day virtual event: “Putting Human Back into Human Resources”
The CUPA-HR Northern and Central California Chapter invite you to a 2-day virtual conference, “Putting Human Back into Human Resources” on June 22 and June 23, 2022 from 8:30am to 12:30pm PST
The agenda will include:
- Your choice of a morning Yoga session or an opportunity to "Speed Network" with HR Professionals from other institutions 8:30am to 9:00am each day
- Interesting and informative breakout sessions
- A message from our Keynote Speakers, Denise Ehlen and Lori Mackenzie. Denise is the Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Administration and Central Services at US Davis. Lori is the Lead Strategist of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Stanford's Graduate School of Business.
- Managing career development in hybrid work presented by Lori Nishiura Mackenzie, Lead Strategist, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Stanford University
- Employee Resource Groups Tips and Strategies: A Case Study Approach presented by Cindy Cho, SPHR, Sr. Human Resources Manager, Stanford University
- 21st Century Digitalization Transformation and Its Impact on Human Connections presented by Cheng Yu Hou, Vice Chancellor, People & Culture Rancho Santiago Community College District and Jennifer De La Rosa, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Rancho Santiago Community College District
- Collective Action for Cultural Transformation presented by Shaila Kotadia, PhD, Director of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI), Stanford University, Matthew Griffith and Miranda Stratton, PhD, Assistant Directors of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, Stanford University.
- Staff Empowerment: Tools to Empower and Engage the “Humans” in Human Resources presented by Denise Ehlen, Associate Vice Chancellor, Research Administration and Central Services, UC Davis
- Taking a Coach Approach presented by Amy Shuman, Workforce Development Director, Student Affairs, UC Davis
- Employee Empowerment in Today’s Work Environment presented by Janene McIntyre, J.D., Assistant Superintendent/Vice President of Human Resources, Southwestern Community College District
- Servant Leadership Principles and Our DEIB Work presented by Emma Gordon, Sr. Director, Learning & Talent Development, Stanford University
The event is approved for 7.00 HR (General) HRCI recertification credit hours.
This event is free, but registration is required. Registrants will receive a Zoom link upon registration.
Event Registration link: Putting Human Back into Human Resources | Eventbrite
Upcoming National Events
Full Calendar of Events
Visit the CUPA-HR calendar of events to see all the upcoming virtual sessions and workshops! Browse the calendar of events.
Past Chapter Events
Joint Virtual Networking Event (Northern CA, Central CA, and Southern CA Chapters) "How We Learn, How We Grow"
February 11, 2022 | 1:00pm – 3:00pm PST
Webinar: "The Power to Empower: Building Inclusive Communities Towards Action"
October 28, 2021 | 12:00-1:30 p.m. PT