Welcome to the Maryland Chapter of the College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR). Founded in 2015, this chapter is comprised of members representing a vibrant mix of public and private higher education institutions throughout Maryland. We strive to support our members in their growth and development as human resource professionals, recognizing the complexities of higher education and the diverse members that we serve.
Our Board hopes that you’ll take full advantage of the numerous opportunities available through this chapter, in continued support of your career growth and expansion of your professional network.
Our mission is to provide leadership to the higher education community by providing opportunities for professional development and the exchange of knowledge and experience within human resources.
The Maryland CUPA-HR Chapter is focused on:
- Supplementing and supporting the mission and focus of the National and Eastern Region CUPA-HR organizations
- Bringing together human resource professionals in higher education to network, discuss issues of importance, and exchange best practices
- Providing affordable and timely educational opportunities on topics of relevance and importance to the field
- Cultivating an inclusive environment, recognizing and appreciating the value of diversity
The benefits of joining include:
- Attending three to four professional development conferences a year featuring relevant and informative seminars
- Engaging and networking with your HR peers from other Higher Education Institutions
- Learning tools and strategies to enhance your leadership capabilities and HR expertise
Thank you to our sponsors who make it possible to offer these sessions at no cost to you or your institution.
We look forward to your involvement this year!
2020-2021 CUPA-HR Maryland President
Senior Consultant, Organization and Employee Development
University of Maryland, Baltimore
Three Ways to Connect with the Chapter Online
The CUPA-HR Maryland Chapter has an online community for local professionals in higher education to share ideas, challenges, questions and other relevant information with one another. Anyone can participate in our chapter community, regardless of CUPA-HR membership. The only requirement is that each person have a free CUPA-HR website account. National members and individuals who have made purchases or registered for events on the site already have accounts. To create a new account, simply click the Log In link at the top of any page of the CUPA-HR website and look for the Create a New Account option. Be sure to identify your institution as your organization.
It is easy to join to our chapter’s online community!
- Visit CUPA-HR Connect
- Sign In in using your CUPA-HR username and password
- Find our chapter among those listed
- Click “Join”
After you join, you can customize your communication preferences, post questions and reply to others online or via email.