CUPA-HR DC Metro Spring Event:
Creating an Engaging Workforce
March 12th | 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Letts Formal Lounge
4400 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Registration is FREE and includes lunch and a continental breakfast — REGISTER NOW!!!
Calling all DC Metro higher ed HR professionals! Come join us for a day of learning, networking, and dialogue. We’re excited to announce that we will have Dr. Gleb Tsipursky as our keynote speaker who will present on Overcoming Resistance to Change Via Emotional and Social Intelligence for Higher Education HR Professionals. In this engaging, interactive, and entertaining presentation, you as a higher education professional will dramatically improve your skills in overcoming resistance to change and leading change management by addressing people’s fears about change and inspiring them to follow you to your vision of a brighter future.
You will also hear presentations on creating an engaged workforce in higher education, data analytics, and an overview of the CUPA-HR DC Metro Chapter.
View the full agenda and register now!
ELECTION NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT:
The DC Metro Chapter of CUPA-HR is seeking nominations for two (2) chapter roles. As a board and non-member you will professionally represent the DC Metro Chapter at your home institution and throughout the DC region. Additionally, you will actively engage membership and potential membership as appropriate at events, including; local and regional meetings, conferences and networking events. The time commitment is generally 2-3 hours a month and may slightly increase to 10 hours in a month where there is a programming event.
Director of Sponsorship Development (one- year term and non-board position, effective immediately)
The Director of Sponsorship Development shall outreach, procure, and manage relationships with the DC Metro Chapter corporate sponsors.
- Carries out the responsibilities of a member of the Board
- Provide outreach to potential corporate sponsors
- Manage relationship with corporate sponsors
- Manage chapter sponsorship prospectus
- Acts as point of contact for sponsors at programming events
- Ensures sponsors receive full benefits based on sponsorship level
Additionally, all board and non-board members are expected to:
- Show commitment to the DC Chapter and its activities by participating in monthly board meetings and attending Chapter events
- Provides leadership consistent with CUPA-HR’s commitment to providing equal opportunity for participation in all aspects of the organization without regard to race, gender, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, veteran, religion or disabled status
- Collaborates with and support board member colleagues in completion of their responsibilities
- Ensures smooth transition of information when transitioning between board roles or departing the board
- Takes an active role in recruiting members to join the Chapter board
Chapter board and non-board member qualifications:
- Be listed as a representative of a higher education institution that is a member of the CUPA-HR national organization
- Must be an employee of a post-secondary educational institution in the DC Metro area
- A human resource professional who is currently in the field with no less than 50% of her/his job devoted to human resources activities
The DC Metro CUPA-HR chapter is affiliated with CUPA HR,
This Chapter includes the Washington, DC metropolitan area and others in close proximity that are interested in affiliating with the chapter.
The chapter supports the purpose of CUPA-HR, which is to provide global leadership to the higher education human resources profession and the higher education community by offering essential knowledge, resources, and connections that enhance individual and institutional capacity and competitiveness.
We are pleased to offer you information about our chapter! Chapter activities focus on educational programs and events that provide opportunities to share resources and develop professional contacts through networking experiences.
We invite you to browse our website for additional information about our executive board members and the upcoming activities planned for DC-Metro CUPA-HR members.
To get the latest information on upcoming member events, educational workshops, conferences and networking opportunities, become a DC Metro member today! Membership is free, and the benefits are invaluable.