Welcome to the CUPA-HR New York Metro Chapter. We are looking forward to another outstanding year filled with programming, knowledge-sharing and networking. We welcome the participation of all HR colleagues in institutions of higher education in the New York metropolitan area, and invite you to contact any Board member for additional information.
CUPA HR NY Metro Chapter End-of-Year Conference
December 5, 2019 @ The Princeton Club
15 West 43rd Street | Between 5th and 6th
Thursday, December 5, 2019| 3:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Hot Topics – Happy Holidays
Registration begins at 3:15 PM. Program starts promptly at 3:30 PM.
At your request, we are continuing with our highly regarded Grind Your Gears and Hot Topics theme that has received such incredible feedback from all of you over the last few years. Immediately following our two hour learning session, we will network, socialize, and continue to discuss pressing topics.
We all have plenty of issues that cross our desk and keep us up at night. Join your HR colleagues in the higher education community and get these hot topics out on the table.
The focus of our panel and group discussion facilitated by Alan Pfeffer, Senior Vice President at Sentinel Benefits and Financial Group, will cover the issues and challenges we are all facing as 2019 ends and 2020 begins.
We will discuss:
- Wellness initiatives: what are the most effective/successful initiatives? What is the ROI?
- PFL: have you had many requests this year, how are you administrating them, are they concurrent?
- Mental health in the workplace: are you preparing supervisors to recognize signs of mental health problems?
- Medical accommodations in the workplace
- Telemedicine: how is it trending, what types are you offering (urgent care, second opinions, psychiatric)?
- Healthcare and its status in our political environment
- Harassment Prevent Training: were you successful?
- Federal FLSA and New York FLSA
- Our employees and their untenable student debt
- Low unemployment rate: do you have new or creative recruiting or retention ideas?
Please come with any topics that you’d like to discuss as well.
At the end of this conference, attendees will be equipped to address challenges regarding the above topics, develop a sound knowledge base, and have a better understanding of strategies that they can effectively utilize when faced with critical situations in the workplace.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for HR professionals from all HR disciplines and levels.