The following information on the North Carolina chapter of College and University Professional Association for Human Resources is an excerpt from its approved Constitution and Bylaws.
The North Carolina Chapter supports the purpose of CUPA-HR, which is to provide global leadership to the higher education human resources profession and the higher education community by offering essential knowledge, resources, and connections that enhance individual and institutional capacity and competitiveness.
The Mission will be accomplished through and the chapter shall exist to:
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas, to conduct research and analysis and to transmit information which will enhance the opportunities for professional growth and development among HR practitioners in the field of Higher Education.
- Foster increased unity, collaboration and cooperation among all institutions of higher education in the state.
- Provide opportunities for networking and the exchange of human resources knowledge and experiences among human resources practitioners of higher education institutions in North Carolina.
- Provide quality and timely educational programming and information to keep members informed about human resources (HR) issues and topics, including relevant legislation enacted which may impact higher education policies, procedures, regulations and interpretations.
- Provide in-state professional development HR workshops.
- Encourage informal brainstorming sessions to stimulate dialogue for views and information on critical national, regional, and state HR and higher education issues.
- Promote diversity and awareness for the respect of cultural differences within the higher education environment.
- Supplement and support the mission and focus of both the National CUPA-HR and the Southern Region CUPA-HR organizations.
In support of the national organization, leaders of the North Carolina Chapter will strive to apply the following values to their work:
We perceive CUPA-HR to be the collective voice of the higher education human resource community and strive to ensure that our membership includes all institutions, individuals, and organizations with a vested interest in the higher education human resource profession.
We honor our commitments, make decisions in the best interest of our members, and act as responsible stewards of association resources.
We hold to the highest standards in all that we do as we endeavor to exceed our members’ expectations.
We recognize the benefits of partnership and explore all opportunities to collaborate with other associations and organizations to advance our objectives.
We respond to member needs, inquiries, and requests in a timely manner and consistently seek their feedback to improve our products and services.
We value diverse points of view and actively solicit the input of our members in making decisions about the association.
Members of the Board of Directors have received a copy of this document and have accepted the responsibility, commitment and dedication to adhere to its purpose and values. As members of NC CUPA-HR, it is expected and appreciated that you become familiar with this content and hold your Board of Directors accountable for its actions and representation.