The Michigan Chapter of College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (MI CUPA-HR) provides opportunities for increased collaboration between Human Resources professionals at Colleges and Universities in the State of Michigan for the purpose of advancing the practice of personnel and human resource administration in higher education.
New Opportunities to Get Involved!
Your Michigan Chapter Board is looking forward to a time when we can all network and gather together again in person! We’re excited to announce some new opportunities for service with the board to get your feet wet and participate in growing our chapter during the upcoming year.
We’re launching two new committees that anyone from Michigan CUPA-HR can participate on!
Continued Learning Committee
- Leader: President-Elect – Natalie Brown, UofM School of Dentistry,
- Work involved:
- Committee members will act as a liaison with one of the CUPA-HR Mary Ann Wersch Premier Partners (Segal, PageUp, TIAA, Fidelity, Cornerstone)
- Coordinate at least four trainings per year (at least one training per quarter) utilizing Premier Partners
- Additional training opportunities may be added at the discretion of the committee and utilize additional presenter resources.
- Time commitment: 1-3 hours per quarter
Annual Conference Planning Committee
- Leader: President – Natalie Trent, Grand Valley State University,
- Work involved:
- Comprised of six subcommittees (at least 2-3 participants per committee), including Communications, Breakout Sessions, Hospitality, Logistics, Speakers and Sponsors.
- Individuals may serve on multiple committees if desired.
- All committee members are able to volunteer to assist with staffing at the annual conference to ensure a smooth execution.
- Time commitment:
- Estimated 4 hours per month
- Monthly planning calls (1 hour)
- Roughly 2-3 hours of engagement/subcommittee meetings may be needed to prepare for monthly full committee meetings
- As the conferences approaches a few additional meetings may be held to finalize any outstanding details
Join the CUPA-HR Michigan Chapter Online Community
The CUPA-HR Michigan Chapter has an online community for local professionals in higher education to share ideas, challenges, questions and other relevant information with one another. Anyone can participate in our chapter community, regardless of CUPA-HR membership. The only requirement is that each person has a free CUPA-HR website account. National members and individuals who have made purchases or registered for events on the site already have accounts. To create a new account, simply click the Log In link at the top of any page of the CUPA-HR website and look for the Create a New Account option. Be sure to identify your institution as your organization.
It is easy to join our chapter’s online community!
2. Sign In in using your CUPA-HR username and password
3. Find our chapter among those listed
4. Click “Join”
After you join, you can customize your communication preferences, post questions and reply to others online or via email.
Thank you to our 2019 Platinum Level Corporate Sponsors!