Save the Date for the CUPA-HR Michigan Chapter annual conference, November 4 & 5, 2021
Location: Double Tree by Hilton – Grand Rapids
The theme of this year’s conference is “The Future is HeRe!”
Further details and registration information will follow at a future date. Please join our chapter’s online community in CUPA-HR Connect and follow us on LinkedIn for up-to-date news and announcements.
The Michigan Chapter of College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (MI CUPA-HR) provides opportunities for increased collaboration between Human Resources professionals at Colleges and Universities in the State of Michigan for the purpose of advancing the practice of personnel and human resource administration in higher education.
UPCOMING PANEL WEBINAR ON SUCCESSION PLANNING ON MAY 25, 2021
The CUPA-HR Michigan Chapter is working with Cornerstone OnDemand for our May 2021 webinar. Due to the increasing number of retirements many of us are experiencing, the topic will be focused on the evolution of succession planning in higher ed.
The panelist for the discussion include:
- Dr. Dawn Aziz, Wayne State University, Director, Organization and Employee Development
- Christopher Dodson, Eastern Michigan University, Learning, Organizational Development, Talent, and Wellness Specialist
- Dr. Nicole Whitehead, Juliet Junior College, Chief Human Resources Officer
Below are discussion points we may cover:
- Evolution of Succession Planning to Career Mobility
- From reactionary to prescriptive
- Challenges of career development and upskilling in a remote environment
- Best practices for career development and upskilling in a remote environment
- Impact of COVID-19 on retirement & the need for succession planning
- Impact on upskilling initiatives as response to the crisis and resulting economic downturn
Opportunities to Get Involved!
Your Michigan Chapter Board is looking forward to a time when we can all network and gather together again in person! We’re excited to announce some ongoing opportunities for service with the board to get your feet wet and participate in growing our chapter during the academic year.
We have two member committees that anyone from Michigan CUPA-HR can participate on! Contact the listed committee leader below to learn more and to express interest.
Continued Learning Committee: Coordinate webinars and other training sessions utilizing MI CUPA-HR Partners and additional presenter resources.
Annual Conference Planning Committee: Plan and coordinate the 2021 Annual Conference by participating on one or more of the six subcommittees as well as assisting during the Annual Conference.
Join the CUPA-HR Michigan Chapter Online Community
The CUPA-HR Michigan Chapter has an online community for local professionals in higher education to share ideas, challenges, questions and other relevant information with one another. Anyone can participate in our chapter community, regardless of CUPA-HR membership. The only requirement is that each person has a free CUPA-HR website account. National members and individuals who have made purchases or registered for events on the site already have accounts. To create a new account, simply click the Log In link at the top of any page of the CUPA-HR website and look for the Create a New Account option. Be sure to identify your institution as your organization.
It is easy to join our chapter’s online community!
2. Sign In in using your CUPA-HR username and password
3. Find our chapter among those listed
4. Click “Join”
After you join, you can customize your communication preferences, post questions and reply to others online or via email.
Thank you to our 2019 Platinum Level Corporate Sponsors!