The 2020 SC CUPA-HR Spring Workshop will be held Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at Clemson University Watt Family Innovation Center in Clemson, SC. Please save the date and make plans to join! The Board will be working hard in the coming months to finalize plans for another great spring event for us.
We would like to invite proposals from state members to make presentations at this year’s workshop. We’re looking for our expert colleagues who are willing to volunteer to present success stories, ideas and experiences during a break out session (60 minutes) on topics such as:
- Scent Sensitivity…Is it ADA, FMLA or Worker’s Compensation,
- Service Animals on Campus,
- Generational Differences,
- Rewards and Incentives,
- Sharpening the Saw-Training and Developing our Workforce,
- Diversity and Inclusion….Myths, Microagressions and Reality,
- FLSA Update, and
- HR as a Strategic Partner
Other topics of interest include:
- Compliance-driven issues such as FLSA, ACA, Title IX, and others;
- Successful diversity, equity and inclusion practices;
- Navigating through HR transformation;
- HR reporting and analytics;
- Talent management;
- Training and development initiatives;
- And any other timely higher ed HR topics.
If you would like to submit a proposal, please complete the proposal form online (on the SC CUPA-HR website) at: SUBMIT PROPOSAL. Be sure to include your chosen topic, a general overview of the presentation and topics that would be covered, why you believe your topic would be beneficial to our colleagues, and the names/titles/schools of those who would be participating. The deadline for proposals is February 17, 2020. The Board will review all nominations and will notify those selected by February 19th. We encourage you to consider this opportunity to showcase activities at your school and share with our colleagues in support of professional development.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you all in Clemson, SC this spring!