The purpose of SCCUPA-HR mirrors that of CUPA-HR, which is to provide global leadership to the higher education human resources profession and the higher education community by offering essential knowledge, resources and connections that enhance individual and institutional capacity and competitiveness.
The Chapter exists to facilitate the exchange of ideas, to conduct research and analysis, and to transmit information which will enhance the opportunities for professional growth and development among HR practitioners in the field of Higher Education. The Chapter aims to foster increased unity, collaboration and cooperation among all institutions of higher education in the state.
The Chapter is organized and is to be operated exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of sections 501(c)(3) and 170(c)(B) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or the corresponding provisions of any further United States Internal Revenue law). The Chapter shall not carry on any activities not permitted to be carried on by organizations exempt from federal income tax under these statutes.
The Chapter will design and conduct a variety of activities, including:
- networking and the exchange of human resources knowledge and experiences among human resources practitioners of higher education institutions in South Carolina;
- quality and timely educational programming and information to keep members informed about human resources (HR) issues and topics, including relevant legislation enacted which may impact higher education policies, procedures, regulations and interpretations;
- in-state, professional development HR workshops;
- informal brainstorming sessions to stimulate dialogue for views and information on critical national, regional and state HR and higher education issues;
- activities to promote diversity and awareness for the respect of cultural differences within the higher education environment; and
- activities to supplement and support the mission and focus of both the National CUPA-HR and Southern Region CUPA-HR organizations.