The Northern New England CUPA-HR is proud to present a two-part virtual Fall series, Managing a Flexible Workforce.
Guided by CUPA-HR’s mission and core values and in line with the association’s Learning Framework, this event will include the following sessions.
PANEL DISCUSSION: Remote and Flexible Work
Wednesday, November 17, 2021: 10-11:30am EST
Description: Moderated by Segal, hear from four higher ed HR leaders about their efforts with the development and/or implementation of remote/flexible work at their institutions.
CUPA-HR Learning Framework Alignment: Core area
- Joe Zynda, HR Manager at University of Michigan
- Marie Bliss, Assistant Vice President of Human Resources Administration at Virginia Tech
- Cheryl Josler, Executive Director for HR Services at Dartmouth College
- Jenny Locanthi, Manager of Compensation & Organizational Effectiveness at Kansas State University
WEBINAR: Hybrid Teams & Managing Well
Tuesday, November 30, 2021: 1-3pm EST
Thursday, December 9, 2021: 9-11am EST
Description: Many managers have faced a 180-degree shift from managing onsite employees to managing remote employees during the pandemic. As we reflect on managing during a pandemic, it becomes clear that the most effective management allows for flexibility and a focus on outcomes rather than a focus on when or where work is being performed. In this session, we’ll explore the differences between outcomes-based and time-based management; the impact of visibility and access to resources; and why trust is the heart of it all. This session is being offered twice to provide flexibility for attendees to choose the date and time that works best for them.
CUPA-HR Learning Framework Alignment: Building Capabilities area
Presenter/Facilitator: Cheryl Josler, Executive Director for HR Services at Dartmouth College and President-Elect for the CUPA-HR Northern New England Chapter
The following articles are encouraged to read-ahead of the session.
- Making the Hybrid Workplace Fair (hbr.org)
- How to Manage a Hybrid Team (hbr.org)
- The Problem with a Trust-But-Verify Approach | Psychology Today
- The cost for this series is a flat fee of $25.
- Scholarships are available, please reach out to us regarding this option.
- Registration opens on November 2 and will remain open through December 9.
HRCI and SHRM credits have been approved for these sessions.
Special acknowledgment to our chapter sponsors who help to make this event and future events possible!