Save the Date for the Michigan Chapter annual conference, November 4 & 5, 2021. It will be held at the Double Tree by Hilton – Grand Rapids, the theme of this year’s conference is “The Future is HeRe!”
LAST CALL – Proposal Deadline Extended
The Michigan Chapter for CUPA-HR is excited to invite you to submit a proposal to present at the annual state conference hosted by Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, MI on November 4 and 5, 2021.
We are looking for inﬂuential Higher Education HR ideas, as well as successful practices you’ve put to work on your campus. We want to hear about new developments, how-to’s, best practices, case studies and lessons learned!
What Topics Are Requested?
The best topics are the ones you’re most knowledgeable and passionate about. Here are a several frequently requested topics:
- Campus climate and the role of HR Higher Ed workforce challenges
- Employee engagement
- Lessons learned from the pandemic (successes and challenges from all the new elements introduced)
- Using HR data to drive process improvement and leadership decision-making
- Higher Ed talent management challenges
- HR as partner with academic leaders
- CHRO as institution leader
- Legislative and regulatory compliance challenges (ACA, FMLA, Title IX, etc.)
- HR metrics and analytics and leveraging technology
- Educating academic leaders on the value-added role of HR and the associated relationship
- Other timely Higher Ed HR topics
Share Your Passion & Experience
Engage others in a topic you care deeply about and give them the tools and strategies they need to make an impact on their campuses.
Strengthen Your Resume & Network
Presenting at a professional conference is a great way to expand your resume and professional network.
Further details and registration information will follow at a future date.
This CUPA-HR conference features a broad representation of Higher Ed HR professionals throughout Michigan.
Ready to Submit?
Proposals are currently being accepted through online submission. They will be evaluated in early August. Applicants will be notified on the status of their proposal by September 13, 2021.
Please join our chapter’s online community in CUPA-HR Connect and follow us on LinkedIn for up-to-date news and announcements.
One of CUPA-HR’s strategic priorities is to enable excellence and success for higher ed HR professionals and their institutions. As such, we are offering educational opportunities via webinars to our Michigan CUPA members through our Events page. Please stay tuned for future conference information!
Thank you to our corporate sponsors!
Graystone Group Advertising