There may not be such a thing as a free lunch, but if you’re a CUPA-HR member there is a free course. Designed especially for early career HR professionals or those who may be new to HR in a higher education setting, this 5.5-hour course offers the basic knowledge you need to be successful in any HR role in higher education.
When you take the course, you’ll:
- Work through scenarios to become familiar with FLSA job classification in higher education, including classification of support staff and faculty.
- Find out how you can avoid employment and labor law mistakes related to Title IX and other laws.
- Become acquainted with the sources of funding that drive an institution’s budget.
- Explore issues related to crisis management and workplace violence policies on a college campus and learn how the higher ed environment differs from other industries and sectors.
- Learn which discrimination laws can and cannot be applied to expatriate workers, plus other considerations for foreign nationals recruited and employed by colleges and universities