The chapter recognition awards program was instituted to promote and reward special merit and achievement in direct support of the chapter goals. The program serves the following purposes:
To recognize member service and commitment related general chapter business and member participation;
To recognize innovation and research related to professional development of individual members, and
To recognize contributions to the enhanced reputation of ALACUPA-HR professional and the image of the chapter, in general, among institution administrators through personal effort and initiatives in methods, policies, systems, programs, and strategies in human resources administration.
Nominations may come from ALACUPA-HR member institution representatives, member institutions or the Chapter Board. Only ALACUPA-HR member institution representatives may be nominated. Nominations will be made by submission of a nomination form.
The following two categories will be available:
- Annual ALACUPA-HR “HR Professional of the Year” Award – recognizes the top-most, exceptional merit and achievement for the most significant case for the year.
- Annual ALACUPA-HR “Superior Performance” Award – may be made for other significant service, contribution and initiative.
Recipients will receive:
- A plaque or crystal memento
- Recognition in the CUPA-HR regional newsletter
- Recognition on the ALACUPA-HR web site
- Additionally, the “Professional of the Year” will be nominated for an appropriate Regional/National CUPA-HR recognition awards program
The Chapter Board (or a committee appointed by the Chair) will review nominations and select the award recipients for a specific award. Generally, only one award will be presented for the chapter Professional of the Year during the chapter’s year; any number of Superior Performance awards may be given. Recipients of the awards will be recognized during the final meeting of the year or at the State Conference as appropriate and will be listed on the chapter’s web site.
To nominate an ALACUPA-HR member, a nomination form must be completed and sent to a member of the chapter board or a Recognition Awards Committee member. Nominations can be submitted throughout the chapter’s year, but a member of the Recognition Awards Committee or chapter board must receive all nomination forms by July 31 or designated announced deadline of the year.