Hello Indiana Chapter CUPA-HR Members:
The Indiana CUPA-HR state chapter is proud to announce our 2017 Indiana CUPA-HR Spring Conference “Change. Challenge. Opportunity”. Plan to join us on
Wednesday, April 12th, 2017
from 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
at Marian University – Indianapolis.
Please register by Monday April 3rd, 2017.
This informative conference will be held at Alumni Hall at Marian University at 3200 Cold Springs Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46222. Thank you to our Marian University hosts!
At the conference, you’ll experience:
- Creating Inclusive Communities (presented by the Midwest CUPA Region Board );
- Case Study: Selecting a Retirement Vendor (presented by ProCourse Fiduciary w. Ivy Tech);
- Playing “Well” In the Sandbox: Designing & Implementing Employee Wellness Programs w. Faculty Expertise (presented by Patty Hollingsworth, Director of Healthy IU);
- International Hiring dialogue
- Meeting your fellow Indiana Higher Ed HR professionalsthrough networking & small group discussions.
This conference has been submitted to both the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and SHRM for review for recertification credits.
Registration: Our spring conference is free to all current Indiana CUPA-HR state chapter members for FY16-17, with paid memberships as of 3/5/17*.
Please register using the attached registration form; both Word and PDF are available.
To register, please fax/scan-email/mail registration form(s) by Monday, April 3rd, 2017 to:
101 Branigin Blvd.
Franklin, IN 46131
*Contact our Treasurer, Mike Nicholas, at, if you have questions about your current membership status.
Payment Options for Non-State Chapter Members#:
- $50 for non-members (via check or Paypal).
- Checks: Please make your check payable to Indiana CUPA-HR and mail along with a copy of the registration form to Maureen Pinnick.
- PayPal: Button for Direct Link to Spring Conference purchase (Ctrl +Click on the button). Please ensure shopping cart is updated with the correct quantity!
- As a reminder, national CUPA-HR membership does not include state chapter membership. State CUPA-HR chapters are affiliated with and provided guidance from national CUPA, but operate independently.
- Although many have found success using the new PayPal payment option, we have discovered that PayPal is having trouble accepting some credit cards without a specific name listed. We apologize for this technical difficulty. You can still use the traditional check option, as a back-up payment method.
- Fall 2016 Conference held November 8th2016: we learned about the finalized FLSA rule change, as well as Title IX updates, LGBTQ+ issues, and relevant case studies. This informative conference was held at and facilitated by the Barnes & Thornburg’s Indianapolis Office .
Spring 2016 Conference Photos
- Spring 2016 Conference held April 14 2016, included presentations on auditing and improving your culture, turbo-charging your benefits communications, building a state-wide dual career network and panel discussions with Higher Ed HR professionals. This conference was held in the Ballroom at Ivy Tech’s Corporate College and Culinary Center at 2820 N. Meridian Street, Indianapolis.
- Fall 2015 Conference held November 16, 2015, enhanced our knowledge of DOL Compliance- the new Exempt Salary Test, FLSA & Overtime Issues, and Independent Contractors. This informative conference was held at the Barnes & Thornburg’s Indianapolis Office .
- Spring 2015 Conference, held April 16th in the Purdue Memorial Union, West Lafayette Indiana saw one of our largest groups in recent history and engaged participants on a number of topics:
- Benefits Transformation – Eva Nodine, Purdue University, Office of VP for HR (Presentation)
- Diversity & Inclusion – Eric Love, University of Notre Dame, Office of Diversity & Inclusion (Presentation)
- Stuff: Part 2 – Dr. Kim Kirkland, Indiana University/Purdue University, Office of Equal Opportunity (Presentation)
- Fall 2014 Conference held September 30, 2014, enhanced our knowledge of Title VII, Title IX and the new Campus SaVE provisions. This informative conference was held at the Barnes & Thornburg’s Indianapolis Office . Experienced Barnes & Thornburg attorneys discussed the latest compliance issues.
- Spring 2014 Conference held April 10, 2014 at Butler University in Indianapolis was a great success. Presenters included: Dr. Kim Kirkland with GPSing the “stuff”; Navigating Misunderstandings and Miscommunication of Organizational Behaviors; Alvin Lee discussing Faculty Behavior Has consequences- Tenure track faculty and Lyman Montgomery sharing Cross Roads: Supervisory Decision Making in the 21st Century.
- Fall 2013 conference held Wednesday, October 2, 2013 from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm at the downtown Indianapolis headquarters of the law firm of Barnes and Thornburg. Experts Mark Scudder and Jason Clagg, attorneys with Barnes & Thornburg, provided the most up to date information on social media in the workplace and how it affects HR.
- Indiana Chapter Spring Conference – Friday April 12, 2013 at the Historic Performing Arts Center, University of Saint Francis, 431 W. Berry Street, Fort Wayne, IN. This was a wonderful opportunity to network with and learn from your colleagues from across the state. The format this year featured two morning plenary sessions; afternoon “Share the Wisdom” roundtables; and a closing keynote session. Here are the slides from the plenary sessions and closing keynote sessions.
- Creating the Product Called You– Linwood Bailey, Founder & Owner, Fields of Success, LLC
- Turning Financial Education into Financial Engagement – Don Harris, CFP, Senior VP National Education Markets, VALIC
- Be the CEO of Your Own Career– Caroline Dowd-Higgins, Director, Career & Professional Development and Adjunct Faculty, IU Maurer School of Law
- Indiana Chapter Winter Conference – “What’s Up Doc”? Employer Responsibilities Under Heath Care Reform, 8:30 am – 2:00 pm hosted by Ice Miller Legal Counsel, One American Square, Suite 2900 A&B, Indianapolis, IN 46282.
- Indiana Chapter SpringConference- Held Tuesday, April 24, 2012 atIUPUI University Library, 755 W. Michigan Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202. Below are slides for six of the nine sessions.
- Indiana Chapter Winter Conference- Friday, February 3, 2012 at University of Saint Francis, Ft. Wayne with Barnes and Thornburg Law Firm. Sessions on Social Media, Whistleblowers, and ADA/FMLA/Workers Comp. Free for members, $10 lunch for non-members. Click here for agenda and registration form.
- Pick Up Your Game! 2011 Indiana Chapter CUPA-HR Annual Conference held June 8, 2011 at NCAA Headquarters, 700 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202.
- IN CUPA in partnership with the Indianapolis office of Ice-Miller LLP offered a mid-winter forum on Friday, March 18, 2011 which focused on Healthcare Reform & Employer Group Health Plans: Applying What We Know in 2011.
- Indiana CUPA HR annual conference held on Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at the NCAA headquarters in downtown Indianapolis.
- Indiana Chapter CUPA HR Spring Conference, University of Indianapolis held Tuesday April 20, 2010. Click here for agenda.
- Indiana Chapter of CUPA-HR in partnership with the Indianapolis office of Ice Miller LLP offered an immigration training session on January 22, 2010 in response to the expressed interest of the membership. Click here for the agenda